What is Hypnobirthing?
Hypnobirthing is a complete antenatal education programme and a unique approach combining self-hypnosis, relaxation, positive affirmations, visualisation, breathing, fear release, prenatal bonding, etc.
Hypnobirthing classes are intended to help you have the most natural childbirth as possible, but it will help you even if you have a planned C-section. Hypnobirthing teaches you to feel in control regardless of how your labour unfolds.
Whether you are planning to give birth at home, in hospital, in a birthing centre or even having a C-section, Hypnobirthing can help you! Keeping relaxed throughout your experience has many benefits.
When having your Baby with Hypnobirthing, your experience will be similar to the daydreaming or focusing that occurs when
you are engrossed in a book, watching TV or staring at a fire. You will fully conversant
and in good spirits, but totally relaxed and fully in control. You will be so in tune with your body and your baby that you will be able to ride with the wave rather than against it.
You will be able to experience your birthing in an atmosphere of calm and relaxation,
without the fear and tension that usually cause pain. Your body’s natural
anaesthesia (endorphins) will replace the stress hormones and help you feel good.
What you will learn on a Hypnobirthing Course
- How our emotions can negatively affect our body
- What causes pain during labor and how to
- How to prepare your mind and body for your
- How to avoid artificial induction, episiotomy,
and surgical birth
- How to achieve deep levels of relaxation
- How to prepare your Birth Plan
- How to interact with your unborn baby
- How to tap into your body’s natural pain
- How to breath your baby down for birthing
- How to maximize bonding before, during, and
after the birth
Are you born to give birth?
Courtesy of Tracey Rose, HypnoBirthing Practitioner in Australia